Spaces are still available! Call or come by NOW!!
Today’s the day for two great two-hour FREE to the public computer classes taught by Ville Platte’s own Tobin Deville! At 10 a.m. today (Monday March 23rd) in the main library multipurpose room, Tobin will teach “Internet 101.” How much do any of us really know about the Internet? Join Tobin’s class and find out! Space is limited to 15 persons, but walks in will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Then at 1 pm today in the multipurpose room, Tobin will present “Tablets and E Readers.” Bring your own device and have your questions answered. If you haven’t bought a tablet or E Reader yet, join the class to find out more about the various options out there and about what might be best for you!
Both classes are FREE to the public and are partly sponsored through a CenturyLink technology grant secured for the new library through the Friends of the Library. Thank you, Friends and CenturyLink!
The Library Board of Control will hold its regular meeting this Tues. March 24th at 4 pm at the MAMOU BRANCH LIBRARY. This is the first time, to our knowledge, that the Board has held a meeting outside of Ville Platte. Everybody is invited, and public comments are encouraged. An agenda will be posted at the main library and branches. For more information, please call Mary at (337) 831-4281.
Due to a mandatory staff meeting at the police jury office, branch libraries may be closed part of the afternoon on Monday March 16th. We regret any inconvenience.
The main library and all branches will be closed Monday Feb. 23rd and Tues. Feb. 24th due to weather.
IRS tax forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ are now available at all library branches. However, instruction booklets and other forms must be either printed out from the online site or else ordered by mail. The library has added a button to our website for quick access to the IRS site where you may request forms by mail or request them by phone. The IRS is NOT supplying these to libraries, only to individuals and businesses. We have listings at each library location of the most popular federal tax forms and schedules (schedules being forms you use to get deductions or report special kinds of income), as well as a listing of IRS information publications.
In State Library News…
- HOME REMEDIES AND HERBS USED BY AFRICAN AMERICANS
- CELEBRATE THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS 200TH ANNIVERSARY
- COLLABORATIVE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM’S 2015 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2014 POETRY PROGRAMS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL FEATURES EXCITING CHILDREN AND TEENS PROGRAMS
- MODERN BAPTISTS AND THE GRAPES OF WRATH FEATURED IN BOOK FESTIVAL GROUP DISCUSSIONS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST
- ANNUAL LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS FALL
- WRITING WORKSHOPS HELD DAY BEFORE LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL