The main library and all branches will be closed Monday Feb. 23rd and Tues. Feb. 24th due to weather.
IRS tax forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ are now available at all library branches. However, instruction booklets and other forms must be either printed out from the online site or else ordered by mail. The library has added a button to our website for quick access to the IRS site where you may request forms by mail or request them by phone. The IRS is NOT supplying these to libraries, only to individuals and businesses. We have listings at each library location of the most popular federal tax forms and schedules (schedules being forms you use to get deductions or report special kinds of income), as well as a listing of IRS information publications.
The library has not yet received tax forms but expects federal ones to arrive soon. The IRS is NOT sending instruction booklets for distribution. Each location has one copy of the instruction booklets for the 1040A, 1040EZ, and 1040. The IRS has a webpage link to allow individuals to order copies and have them sent to their homes. The link is posted on the library’s webpage, and library staff will be glad to help patrons place orders for their home use.
The Evangeline Parish Library Board of Control met Tuesday and elected officers and set the schedule for regular meetings for the year. Officers are Jennifer Vidrine, President, and Katy Marcantel, Vice President. The Board welcomed new member Gerald Duplechin. The meeting schedule for 2015 includes four meetings at the Mamou Branch as the most centrally located library for the parish. Meeting schedule planned is Tues. March 24 Mamou; Tues. May 19 Mamou; Tues. July 28 Ville Platte; Tues. Sept. 22 Mamou; and Tues. Nov. 17 Mamou. All meetings are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., and all are open to the public, with public attendance and comments very welcome.
The Main Library has closed an hour early today due to the heavy rainfall and potential road flooding.
In State Library News…
- HOME REMEDIES AND HERBS USED BY AFRICAN AMERICANS
- CELEBRATE THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS 200TH ANNIVERSARY
- COLLABORATIVE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM’S 2015 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2014 POETRY PROGRAMS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL FEATURES EXCITING CHILDREN AND TEENS PROGRAMS
- MODERN BAPTISTS AND THE GRAPES OF WRATH FEATURED IN BOOK FESTIVAL GROUP DISCUSSIONS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST
- ANNUAL LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS FALL
- WRITING WORKSHOPS HELD DAY BEFORE LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL