The Main Library has closed an hour early today due to the heavy rainfall and potential road flooding.
Return any items in good condition during “Fine Free Month” (Dec. 15, 2014, through Jan. 15, 2015) and have all fines and fees on the items waived! You can return the items to any of the library’s six locations (Ville Platte, Mamou, Basile, Pine Prairie, Chataignier, and Turkey Creek). They do NOT have to be returned to the same location where you checked them out.
“Fine Free Month” is the staff and Board’s way of saying “Happy Holidays,” and thank you for your support of the Evangeline Parish Library year round.
Mr. Gerald J. Duplechin of Pine Prairie was appointed by the Police Jury at its December 10th meeting. The Library Board position was vacant, following the resignation of Mr. Wade Riley in November due to health issues.
The Board regrets the resignation of Mr. Riley and looks forward to welcoming Mr. Duplechin at the January 2015 meeting (date to be determined).
The Evangeline Parish Library Board of Control meeting originally scheduled for Monday Nov. 17th has been rescheduled to Monday Nov. 24th. The Board will meet at the new main library (916 W. Main St., Ville Platte) at 4 p.m. The meeting is open to the public, and public attendance and comments are encouraged. An agenda will be posted at the Library no later than close of business Thurs. Nov. 20th.
The main library and all branches will be closed Tuesday Nov. 11th in observance of Veterans Day.
In State Library News…
- HOME REMEDIES AND HERBS USED BY AFRICAN AMERICANS
- CELEBRATE THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS 200TH ANNIVERSARY
- COLLABORATIVE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM’S 2015 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2014 POETRY PROGRAMS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL FEATURES EXCITING CHILDREN AND TEENS PROGRAMS
- MODERN BAPTISTS AND THE GRAPES OF WRATH FEATURED IN BOOK FESTIVAL GROUP DISCUSSIONS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST
- ANNUAL LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS FALL
- WRITING WORKSHOPS HELD DAY BEFORE LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL