NOTICE OF A PUBLIC MEETING
LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2023
4:00 pm at Ville Platte Main Library
916 West Main Street, Ville Platte, Louisiana 70586
- Opening Business
- Call to Order, Prayer, Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval/Amendment of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Old Business
- Discuss “hold” status of updating the following policies based on the passage of Act 436 (SB7): Collection, Circulation, Patron Behavior, Library Card, Electronic Resources and Unattended Children. Waiting on guidance from the state library.
- New Basile Branch committee update including discussion about setting a budget based on finance options
- New Business
- Review and update the following policies: Required Reading Lists, FAQ’s about Donations, Personnel, Volunteer Services, Hurricane Response and Sex Offenders.
- Final stats – Summer Reading Program : Bonnes Nouvelles Article
- LSW Overdrive Annual Report review
- Report on attendance of Emily Fontenot and Suzy Lemoine at the state library Directors Boot Camp recently. Note a request for a Board of Control training by the State Librarian is tentatively set for the November 27th board meeting
- Update on employees who have received or will be receiving their Library Support Staff Certification this year: Janice Fontenot, Amy King, Keisha Ford, Gigi Fontenot and Angie Henry.
- Facilities Report
- Outreach Report
Next meeting: November 27, 2023