MONDAY, JANURARY 9, 2023 @ 12 Noon
916 West Main Street, Ville Platte, Louisiana 70586
- Opening Business
- Call to Order, Prayer, Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval/Amendment of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from Previous Meeting
- Public Comments on Agenda Items
- Old Business
- Basile Project purchase agreement is complete. Discuss billboard promotion.
- Turkey Creek ERATE Fiber project contract is signed
- New Business
- Election of officers
- Acknowledgement of the resignation of p/t employee, Riana Perrodin effective 1/13/23
- Approval to move Phyllis Green from part-time to fulltime for 28 hrs (no insurance)
- Approval to move Jane Vidrine from part-time to fulltime for 28 hrs (no insurance)
- Approval to name Matthew Hebert as Assistant Branch Manager for Pine Prairie Branch Library.
- Consideration of naming Emily Fontenot as Branch Manager and Suzy Lemoine as Assistant Branch Manager of the Ville Platte Main library continuing the Team Director concept with Wesley Saunders continuing to serve as Assistant Director for the next 6 months. This model assures that every library has a Manager and Assistant in place with one Assistant Director to oversee system operations.
- Acknowledgement of the purchase of a new 8’ utility trailer to service the needs of all locations
- Cancellation of the “Flipster” online magazine subscription (found on our webpage) due to lack of usage. Savings: $3,100.
- Recognition of the library being featured in the January 2023 edition of a national magazine, American Lifestyles, compliments of local author & motivational speaker Linda Fontenot.
- Financial reports
- % of Surplus funds disbursement into the Capital Improvements Fund and the Main Library Expansion Fund.
- 2023 Ethics training for Board members (reminder).
- Facilities Report
- Outreach Report