The main library and all branches will be closed Friday July 4th. In addition, there will be no Saturday hours on July 5th at the main library (the one library site that is open on Saturday).
As always, the whole library system is closed on Sunday.
The main library and branches will be open at their regularly scheduled times on Monday July 7th.
The Hampstead Stage Company from New Hampshire will perform June 24th, 25th, and 26th! They are doing TWO DIFFERENT SHOWS, “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Legend of King Arthur.” Here’s the schedule for the two shows:
Alice in Wonderland:
- Turkey Creek Library June 24th at 10 a.m. ,
- Ville Platte High School auditorium June 24th at 2 p.m.,
- Pine Prairie Library June 25th at 10 a.m.,
- Basile Library June 26th at 10 a.m., and
- Chataignier Village Hall June 26th at 3 p.m.
The Legend of King Arthur:
- Ville Platte old main library June 24th at 6 p.m.
- Mamou Teen Center June 25th at 2 p.m.
Everybody is very welcome to attend shows at any of the locations! Admission is FREE! Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. For some locations space and parking are limited; please arrive early.
All performance locations and performances are handicapped accessible, except for the Ville Platte old main library.
The Hampstead Stage Company performances are funded through a grant from Decentralized Arts Funding as administered by the Acadiana Center for the Arts.
To learn more about the Hampstead Stage Company, please click on the “Fizz Boom Read Summer Reading Program 2014″ icon on this page. It will take you to much more information about all the great activities this summer! You may also call for more information: (337) 363-1369 (main library) or contact the library branch nearest you.
Janice Lienhart, a participant assistant (PA) for the Experience Works/Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCEP), will be at the main library in Ville Platte for a limited time this summer. If you are a senior interested in getting on the SCEP list for possible future supported employment, please feel free to come meet her and discuss options. While walk-ins are accepted, appointments can be scheduled by calling Barbara Disnuke, Experience Works Employment Training Coordinator, at her Lake Charles office, 337-433-4342.
Ms. Lienhart is available this summer at the main library in Ville Platte (242 W. Main St.) on the following schedule until further notice:
Monday: 8 to 11 and 11:30 to 4:30
Tuesday: 8 to 11 and 11:30 to 4:30
Wednesday: 10 to 12 and 12:30 to 4:30
Thursday: 8 to 12 noon.
The finishing work is now overdue.
The Library is seeking a part-time custodian/facilities assistant for the new main library in Ville Platte. High school diploma or GED required. Pay rate is dependent on experience.
Hours for the position are 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday (20 hours total).
Apply through Acadiana Works at 306 W. Main St., Ville Platte, phone (337) 363-6241.
Job interviews will be conducted on June 25th and June 26th at the old main library. Candidates should go to Acadiana Works for prescreening by close of business Monday June 24th.
Actual start date is to be determined but may be in late July or in August.
In State Library News…
- STATE LIBRARY SUMMER READING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED
- LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST WINNERS
- TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE 2014 WINNERS ANNOUNCED
- STATE LIBRARIAN HAMILTON RECEIVES COMMUNITY PARTNER AWARD
- BOURQUE HONORED WITH LOUISIANA WRITER AWARD
- 2014 LOUISIANA READERS’ CHOICE AWARD WINNERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES POETRY MONTH PROGRAM LINEUP
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES 2014 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- STATE LIBRARY TO CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- THE HOUSE ON COLISEUM STREET FEATURED AS BOOK FESTIVAL COMMUNITY READ