The library has not yet received tax forms but expects federal ones to arrive soon. The IRS is NOT sending instruction booklets for distribution. Each location has one copy of the instruction booklets for the 1040A, 1040EZ, and 1040. The IRS has a webpage link to allow individuals to order copies and have them sent to their homes. The link is posted on the library’s webpage, and library staff will be glad to help patrons place orders for their home use.
The Evangeline Parish Library Board of Control met Tuesday and elected officers and set the schedule for regular meetings for the year. Officers are Jennifer Vidrine, President, and Katy Marcantel, Vice President. The Board welcomed new member Gerald Duplechin. The meeting schedule for 2015 includes four meetings at the Mamou Branch as the most centrally located library for the parish. Meeting schedule planned is Tues. March 24 Mamou; Tues. May 19 Mamou; Tues. July 28 Ville Platte; Tues. Sept. 22 Mamou; and Tues. Nov. 17 Mamou. All meetings are scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., and all are open to the public, with public attendance and comments very welcome.
The Main Library has closed an hour early today due to the heavy rainfall and potential road flooding.
Return any items in good condition during “Fine Free Month” (Dec. 15, 2014, through Jan. 15, 2015) and have all fines and fees on the items waived! You can return the items to any of the library’s six locations (Ville Platte, Mamou, Basile, Pine Prairie, Chataignier, and Turkey Creek). They do NOT have to be returned to the same location where you checked them out.
“Fine Free Month” is the staff and Board’s way of saying “Happy Holidays,” and thank you for your support of the Evangeline Parish Library year round.
Mr. Gerald J. Duplechin of Pine Prairie was appointed by the Police Jury at its December 10th meeting. The Library Board position was vacant, following the resignation of Mr. Wade Riley in November due to health issues.
The Board regrets the resignation of Mr. Riley and looks forward to welcoming Mr. Duplechin at the January 2015 meeting (date to be determined).
In State Library News…
- HOME REMEDIES AND HERBS USED BY AFRICAN AMERICANS
- CELEBRATE THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS 200TH ANNIVERSARY
- COLLABORATIVE SUMMER LIBRARY PROGRAM’S 2015 TEEN VIDEO CHALLENGE
- LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2014 POETRY PROGRAMS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL FEATURES EXCITING CHILDREN AND TEENS PROGRAMS
- MODERN BAPTISTS AND THE GRAPES OF WRATH FEATURED IN BOOK FESTIVAL GROUP DISCUSSIONS
- LA BOOK FESTIVAL NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
- STATE LIBRARY ANNOUNCES LETTERS ABOUT LITERATURE CONTEST
- ANNUAL LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL RETURNS THIS FALL
- WRITING WORKSHOPS HELD DAY BEFORE LOUISIANA BOOK FESTIVAL