- Friday Jan. 28: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 1
- Monday Feb. 7th: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Wednesday Feb. 9th: Mamou, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Friday Feb. 11th: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Monday Feb. 21: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Tues. Feb. 22: Basile, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Wed. Feb. 23: Mamou, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Thurs. Feb. 24: Turkey Creek, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Fri. Feb. 25: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
Walk-ins accepted on space available basis.
- Mon. Jan. 17 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Tues. Mar. 8 (Mardi Gras) [Mamou also closed Mon. Mar. 7, Lundi Gras]
- Fri. April 22 (Good Friday) [Main Library also closed Sat. Apr. 23]
- Mon. May 30 (Memorial Day)
- Mon. July 4th (4th of July) [Main Library also closed Sat. July 2nd]
- Mon. Sept. 5th (Labor Day)
- Fri. Nov. 11th (Veterans’ Day)
- Thurs. Nov. 24, Fri. Nov. 25th (Thanksgiving) [Main Library also closed Sat. Nov. 26th]
- Fri. Dec. 23rd through Tues. Dec. 27th (Christmas holidays)
- Fri. Dec. 30th through Mon. Jan. 2nd, 2012 (New Year’s holidays)
All meetings are scheduled for 4 pm at the Main Library, and public attendance and comments are encouraged. Schedule may be changed with advance notice, and special meetings called with advance notice.
- Jan. 24 (Monday)–held
- Feb. 28 (Monday)
- March 28 (Monday)
- May 30 (Monday)–Note: Board to reschedule: Library closed for Memorial Day
- June 27 (Monday)
- August 29 (Monday)
- October 27
- November 28 (Monday)
The Library Board of Control will meet Monday, Jan. 24th at 4 pm at the Main Library.
The meeting is open to the public, and public attendance and comments are encouraged. Refreshments will be served.
An agenda is posted at the main library and has also been faxed to each branch.
The Library will welcome its newest board member, Ms. Rosemarie Johnson from Basile, and also welcome guest attendee Ms. Sherry Bergeron, Basile Branch Manager.
Walk ins will be accepted. Come 15 minutes before start time. To ensure a place, call 1-888-487-2700 to preregister. This course will be offered:
- Mon. the 24th at Pine Prairie from 9 to 5;
- Wed. the 26th at Mamou from 9 to 5; and
- Fri. the 28th at Ville Platte from 9 to 5.
For more information, please call the number above.
This course provides students with an overview of the features and functions of Microsoft Office Word 2007. It will provide you with the introductory concepts required to produce basic business documents.
This course is provided FREE to patrons by the State Library of Louisiana as part of a Broadband USA grant.