Due to the coming ice situation, the Evangeline Parish Library system (main and all branches) will close at noon. We may or may not be open tomorrow, Fri. Feb. 4th, dependent upon weather and road conditions. If we do open Friday, we may open late and/or close early. The main library will probably be open for its regular Saturday hours on Feb. 6th (8 to 12). For more information, please check this space or listen to KVPI radio. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, you may contact Mary the director at (337) 831-4281.
- Friday Jan. 28: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 1
- Monday Feb. 7th: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Wednesday Feb. 9th: Mamou, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Friday Feb. 11th: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Monday Feb. 21: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Tues. Feb. 22: Basile, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Wed. Feb. 23: Mamou, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Thurs. Feb. 24: Turkey Creek, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Fri. Feb. 25: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
Walk-ins accepted on space available basis.
- Mon. Jan. 17 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Tues. Mar. 8 (Mardi Gras) [Mamou also closed Mon. Mar. 7, Lundi Gras]
- Fri. April 22 (Good Friday) [Main Library also closed Sat. Apr. 23]
- Mon. May 30 (Memorial Day)
- Mon. July 4th (4th of July) [Main Library also closed Sat. July 2nd]
- Mon. Sept. 5th (Labor Day)
- Fri. Nov. 11th (Veterans’ Day)
- Thurs. Nov. 24, Fri. Nov. 25th (Thanksgiving) [Main Library also closed Sat. Nov. 26th]
- Fri. Dec. 23rd through Tues. Dec. 27th (Christmas holidays)
- Fri. Dec. 30th through Mon. Jan. 2nd, 2012 (New Year’s holidays)
All meetings are scheduled for 4 pm at the Main Library, and public attendance and comments are encouraged. Schedule may be changed with advance notice, and special meetings called with advance notice.
- Jan. 24 (Monday)–held
- Feb. 28 (Monday)
- March 28 (Monday)
- May 30 (Monday)–Note: Board to reschedule: Library closed for Memorial Day
- June 27 (Monday)
- August 29 (Monday)
- October 27
- November 28 (Monday)
The Library Board of Control will meet Monday, Jan. 24th at 4 pm at the Main Library.
The meeting is open to the public, and public attendance and comments are encouraged. Refreshments will be served.
An agenda is posted at the main library and has also been faxed to each branch.
The Library will welcome its newest board member, Ms. Rosemarie Johnson from Basile, and also welcome guest attendee Ms. Sherry Bergeron, Basile Branch Manager.