This half day course is designed to introduce students to the Windows Operating System. Learn the basic organization of files, folders, etc. Also learn about WordPad, Notepad, Paint, Windows Media Player, Calculator, and more. Learn how to keep the Windows Operating System safe and how to get help. (Note: You should have some hands on computer experience before taking this course.) Classes are offered FREE by the State Library through a BroadbandUse grant as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. To sign up, please go to lajacc.state.lib.la.us/training or call 888.487.2700.
The class schedule is as follows. At each location you have the option of taking the course from 9 to 12 or from 1 to 4.
- Pine Prairie Prescott Branch, Monday Jan. 10th
- Basile Branch, Tuesday Jan. 11th
- Mamou Branch, Wednesday, Jan. 12th
- Turkey Creek Branch, Thursday, Jan. 13th
- Main Library Ville Platte, Friday, Jan. 14th
You can now download audiobooks and ebooks for FREE from our library site. This is a service designed for use OUTSIDE the library, and to use it Evangeline Parish residents will need the following:
- An Evangeline Parish Library card in good standing,
- Access to a computer that is not an Evangeline Parish Library public access computer,
- Internet access that is not part of the Evangeline Parish Library system,
- An email account for notifications.
Although it can be complicated the first time you use the service, once you get started it will give you access to many books and audiobooks any time, whether the library is open or closed. It will also allow you to transfer items from your computer to mobile devices and enjoy them anywhere once they are downloaded.
Items will check out for 7 or 14 days, depending on the item. The item vanishes at the end of the loan period, so there are never any late fees on this service.
Because this is a consortium project, items may be checked out by residents of other parishes within the consortium. If an item is not currently available, you can place a hold request on it.
Please note that this service is NOT usable on a Kindle. However, it works on many other devices. For more information, please click the Overdrive icon on this page. Also, please feel free to call us at 337.363.1369.