OUR PLAN IS BASED ON GUIDANCE FROM THE GOVERNOR’S OFFICE AND FOR THE UTMOST SAFETY OF OUR PATRONS AND STAFF
PHASE 1 IS FOR VILLE PLATTE MAIN, BASILE, MAMOU, & PINE PRAIRIE (Excludes Chataignier & Turkey Creek Branches)
LIMITED SERVICES OUTSIDE OF THE LIBRARY BUILDINGS:
- Walk-up, no contact, pick-up for items that were requested online (24 hours a day with your library card), by calling your branch, or using our general email: email@example.com.
- Walk-up, no contact returns. The return boxes will be sealed off so all books can be dropped off at the library front entrance during operating hours. They will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Special “curbside” service hours for vulnerable, handicapped or high risk patrons will occur Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday from 8 – 9 am.
- Walk-up, no contact & no cost copies up to 10 copies.
- Walk-up, no contact & no cost faxes up to 5 pages.
- Your library card will NOT be needed to pick up items. Staff will look up your library card number when you make your requests.
- Contact phone numbers of the branches that will be opened with staff available to answer questions or to take messages Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5pm are posted here. (No services will be offered on Saturdays at the Main library at this point in time.)
Basile Branch Library: 337-432-6794
Mamou Branch Library: 337-468-5750
Pine Prairie Branch Library: 337-599-3179
Ville Platte Main Library: 337-363-1369
We appreciate your continued patience and understanding during this strange re-opening effort. We do not have an end date for Phase 1, but we will keep you posted through our webpage (evangelinelibrary.org) , Facebook page, newspaper articles and the radio.