Social studies projects in the Evangeline Parish public schools are due TOMORROW, Feb. 22nd! Public schools in the parish are closed today for President’s Day, but the Evangeline Parish Library system is open.
Students who wait until this afternoon to try to compose their projects on public access computers at the library are reminded that time is only one-half hour if others are waiting, and a maximum of three more half hour sessions if nobody is waiting. When others are waiting, patrons have to give up the computer after the first half hour and go back on the waiting list. Also, patrons are reminded that they MUST have their Evangeline Parish library card physically with them in order to use the computers.
Parents, please urge your students NOT to wait and to get to the library as early as possible today, Feb. 21st, if they have a project due tomorrow. Please also ensure that they have their library card with them.
We anticipate waiting lists for computer use this afternoon and students may have to wait and/or not receive enough time to complete their projects if they have waited until the afternoon before they are due in order to do them.
Computer Foundations for adults (age 16 and up): Class will meet from 9 to 5. Schedule is as follows:
- Pine Prairie Branch Library, Mon. Feb. 21
- Basile Branch Library, Tues., Feb. 22
- Mamou Branch Library, Wed., Feb. 23
- Turkey Creek Branch Library, Thurs., Feb. 24
- Main Library/Headquarters (Ville Platte), Fri., Feb. 25
Call 1-888-487-2700 for more information or to register. Walk-ins will also be accepted on a space available basis.
This class is being provided by the State Library of Louisiana as part of the BroadbandUSA grant.
The Library system is closed due to hazardous winter travel conditions. The Main Library (Ville Platte) will be open as usual from 8 to 12 on Saturday the 5th.
Due to the coming ice situation, the Evangeline Parish Library system (main and all branches) will close at noon. We may or may not be open tomorrow, Fri. Feb. 4th, dependent upon weather and road conditions. If we do open Friday, we may open late and/or close early. The main library will probably be open for its regular Saturday hours on Feb. 6th (8 to 12). For more information, please check this space or listen to KVPI radio. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, you may contact Mary the director at (337) 831-4281.
- Friday Jan. 28: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 1
- Monday Feb. 7th: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Wednesday Feb. 9th: Mamou, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Friday Feb. 11th: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Microsoft Word Level 2
- Monday Feb. 21: Pine Prairie, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Tues. Feb. 22: Basile, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Wed. Feb. 23: Mamou, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Thurs. Feb. 24: Turkey Creek, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
- Fri. Feb. 25: Ville Platte, 9 to 5: Computer Foundations
Walk-ins accepted on space available basis.