At its regularly scheduled meeting yesterday, Mon. Aug. 29th, the Library Board of Control did the following:
- Heard an update from parish engineer Ronnie Landreneau on the new main library project. He is in the process of selecting an architect for the project.
- Planned for a Board and staff building committee, to work with the parish engineer and the architect.
- Revised the travel, personnel, and patron behavior policies. The revised policies will be distributed to all library branches as soon as possible.
- Had first review for proposed changes to the Board bylaws. These will be on the agenda for vote at the next meeting.
- Voted to decline participation in the BTOP Laptop project, due to the time schedule and requirements for the new main library project.
For further information about any of these matters, please contact Mary at the main library, 363-1369.
The Library Board of Control will meet Monday, August 29th, at 4 p.m. at the main library. The meeting is open to the public, and refreshments will be served. An agenda will be posted no later than Friday August 26th at the main library.
Welcome to all the members of the Libraries Southwest Consortium! The monthly consortium meeting is being held this month at Ville Platte at 10 a.m. on Aug. 10th.
Libraries Southwest Consortium is the provider of our Overdrive E-books collection and other downloadable collections.
Pine Prairie Branch will close at 1 p.m. today due to a funeral.
Thursday July 21st is the LAST day to turn in reading logs and receive treasure chest prizes for them. Sorry, no exceptions.
Also, today is the FIRST day of our great half price Summer Reading shirts and tote bags sale. Hurry, quantities are limited.